Three major lessons you must learn for an easy smooth sailing life;
1. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and sometimes you might think you know someone, you might think they’re on your side but deep down inside they’re not. Pay attention. Actions speak louder than words, inconsistent words mean nothing and such words are just another way to cover up the truth with lies.
2. Almost everything we go through we can’t control. That means, if it’s yours, then somewhere down the line it’ll return to you. And if it’s not, then you have to make peace with it and move on. It’s as simple as that.
3. Letting go is never an easy thing to do, no matter how many times you’ve rehearsed it, no matter how many times you’ve played it in your head, it never goes as planned and almost always does it sting a little harder than you thought. (Not my words.)
I continually strive to be better by evaluating my daily actions, reactions, responses & behaviour. And i measure how they affect other people. When I realize that my actions may have hurt someone, I make a point to go to them and apologize in a meaningful way. It feels good when I make a conscious effort to recognize my faults and then do everything I can to make them right and demonstrate my love & care. These actions are so much more impactful than words.
Think about someone you should reach out to, whether it is to apologize or reconnect, tell them that you love them or that you are sorry. When your intentions are right, your actions will make sense to anyone you connect/reconnect. Always remember; actions speak louder than words, only when your intentions are clear.
To me, cool means living for more than the next moment. Cool doesn’t mean having the latest Dior, knowing people, being on the list, and sitting at Lucien. Cool means you are your authentic self. Cool means you walk the walk. Cool means being a good fucking person. Cool means when you are alone, you can stand to be with yourself. Cool means listening when others speak. Cool means holding doors open and smiling. Cool is compassion, understanding, love, and boundaries. Cool is being good.
Intelligent people are attractive for different reasons. They believe in a good education. They remain consistent. They learn to speak in another language. & The most important; they know what’s going on in the world.
1. BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2. DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self abuse and regret.
Always be the best person you can be. Be kind even when you’re tired. Be understanding even when you’re angry. Do more than you’re asked, and don’t ask for anything in return. Don’t silently expect anything either. Listen when someone talks, and really listen too, stop just thinking of how you’ll reply. Never jump over a conversation that’s initiated by other person. Tell people that you love them and that you appreciate them. Go out of your way to do things for people. Be the greatest person you can possibly be and when you mess up, make up for it in the next moment or minute or day.
One thing you should never do? Never spend your time trying to prove to anybody that you’re great, your actions will speak for themselves and we only have limited time on this earth, don’t waste it.
If someone doesn’t see your light, don’t worry. Like moths, GOOD PEOPLE are attracted to flame and to light, and they will come.
Your body sheds your tired skin every twenty seven days. You were not made to hold your past within you. You were not made to carry it all on your back. You physically let go of every bad thing that has ever touched you, of every pair of foreign hands that unbuttoned your shirt but never your demons; you let go of every regret, of every insecurity. You are always gifted a clean slate.
Remember that your tongue is the strongest muscle in your body. You were made to speak, so speak loudly and communicate honestly about how you feel. Speak about what hurts you, about what has broken you. Speak about your story, share it with the world.
Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.
When I give, it does not come with strings. I’m not keeping track of what you owe me. When I give, I choose to do so without ulterior motives. I give because I’m genuine. I give because I know what it’s like to be without. To long for and be ignored. To speak and not be heard. To care for and have nothing returned. When I give it’s because I get it. It’s because I know the value in what I have in my heart and I refuse to let the world stop me from sharing that. But when things start being taken for granted, When you no longer appreciate my sincerity, I won’t switch, I won’t get angry, and I won’t be spiteful. I’ll just get smart and I’ll change your role in my life. Because when I give, I’m all in. But when I’m done, there’s no looking back.
I stopped sending paragraphs. I stopped telling people how to behave. I stopped entertaining retaliation & inconsistency. I stopped telling people how important is communication. I started walking away from all these crap, blocking, and distancing myself. Life is becoming peaceful. Sometimes being yourself & independent in life is better than being surrounded by halfass people.
(This post is not for those who came & vanished in past. It’s for my future person, in case you experience something is odd in me or missing in me, just say it and keep forgiving me till you experience the best of me.)
In our lives we experience many different kinds of friendships. On the rare occasion we encounter someone so special that we just know we met for a reason. These are the kinds of friendships that last forever no matter what city you live in or how often you speak, no matter how old you get or what phase of life you are in. It’s the type friendship that has no judgement and sticks by you even when you fuck up. It’s the kind of friendship that makes you understand unconditional love. Maybe you met your most special friend when you were 4, or 14, or 35… or maybe you are yet to cross paths. It happens at different stages for different people. But when it does, there is no greater comfort than knowing that this person will be right there beside you to share the happiness, the sadness and everything in-between. Never, ever take these friendships for granted. (Not my words).
This paragraph is for my close friends. Yes i have a secret Instagram account since a month, it’s more like my travel timeline diary. Hardly 8-9 close friends know about it. Ask each other, let’s see who spills the bean first. I post few pics when i go to a new place, flight window seat view, some islands, coffee, the best pizza in town, my sneakers, it’s a raw me with privacy in focus. I hardly have 20 followers & i get 20-30 likes in each post. Recent 30 posts have likes or comments from 1 or 2 blue tick verified accounts. NOW THE TASK; My only rule to achieve something is; I allow myself 2 years to get it done or I just leave it like it didn’t exist. I was planning something big in 2019 for 3-4 months. Corona happened, i had to take a pause. I am already 3-4 months short of those 2 years. Go to that secret Instagram account, figure out what’s that i was working in 2019? Those blue tick accounts have a pattern. Once you have an idea about the answer, text me the title of it. The first person who gets it right, your expenses for our weekend trip & next vacation is on me. (Demi my bestie bitch, prize not for you. You know my credit card pin as well & I hate you.😋)